Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tap To School Night

Ever since Abizella started her dance class she has spent every non-school moment in her leotard. Imagine her thrill when we allowed her to go to "Back to School" night in style! She shared her fantasy with me of showing up and having her whole class be her audience as she thrilled them with her fancy new moves. We actually did take the whole production down a notch by insisting that the tap shoes stay at home. ...didn't matter, she twirled her way around the kindergarten room as she presented every element. We even made an encore appearance after visiting Superkid's classroom. I'm not sure where she gets her natural showmanship from. I remember when I took tap classes when I was about her same age. Glama wanted me to go into Bampa's office in my "Fireman's Cha Cha" tap costume to be oodled by the office ladies. I refused and sat in the car. Kinda feel like I should fly Abz out to Glama's office to make it up to her.
Superkid was a bit more humble about his classroom tour, but we were happy to see where he goes ALL DAY EVER DAY. He made a puzzle for us to put together and read a book to me.
And so a school year begins. We are actually into full swing. Even though life is busy these days, we have managed to fit 1 fun activity in for each of the big kids. Not sure how we are going to handle it when the little guys get older. Maybe Superkid can start driving when he is 10? Anyway, Abz is taking a ballet and tap class with her buddy Jordan. As I mentioned, she is getting in lots of practice time...
And Superkid is putting in another season of soccer...
And here is the cheering section...
WHAT???! Turkeys at soccer? I guess that is why the Pilgrims had turkey at their big feast. Easy pickings in these parts.

No comments: