Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not Enough Time

It's pretty crazy trying to shove a week's worth of activities/errands/chores into 2 days, but we did the best we can.

After a sunrise walk on the beach and some girl chat time with my buddy Chris, it was off to the races. First off were the errands. 5 Stops with 4 kids in 3 hours, including this stop to get our filthy supervan cleaned by the spit-clean youth group raising money for an Eagle project.

We knew this guy has a nationwide fan-base, so I couldn't resist snapping a wet T-shirt pic for everyone...
And this is where I had to admit to the group of car-washees that yes, I did purposely dress the Toads alike. It was not just some happy accident, but a well orchestrated scheme to be seen with this perfectly coordinated crew of cute Toadies.
After the errands, a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies, and burgers and dogs, the kids and I hit the beach. Always enough time for the tide. Plus, I wanted to update the sidebar pics of the kiddos (take a peek and be impressed that I did that all with the help of 3 kids and a baby strapped to my midsection).
Tadpole built himself a "nest" to sit upon and tend to in his tidepool...
I wish all nights were like this (even if sometimes we leave with sand in our eyes and dead-dog tired).
But the fun didn't end Saturday. I am determined to cram Little Chief in all of my favorite 0-3 month outfits one last time...
And we even squeezed in a playdate with one of our favorites before she moves far far away (sniff).
Pops joked that I would be so exhausted from the weekend that I would be happy to get back to work so I could rest. I think I am going to check out now so I can get a little shut-eye on the train before it pulls into the station...

4 comments:

kristen said...

the white shells turned out awesome!

Kirbell said...

Missy, you're amazing!

Amber said...

Sounds like a cuper fun weekend--and totally jealous of your sunrise walk on the beach with Chris--you know just the way to make a girl jealous :-)

Scullerina said...

You truly are wonderwoman.
LOVE the new photos at the beach.
Love the matching outfits.
Love the 0-3 month outfits on the baby too.
Well done.