Guess who else had a Birthday this week?!
Tadpole caught on to the birthday scene pretty quick after going through a day of celebrations with Abizella. All day long he gave himself warm birthday greetings saying, "Happy Birthday!"
and then we would all say, "Happy Birthday!" back to his delight.
Being the third kiddo around here Tadpole has learned to take his queues from the big bro and big sis. Like his love for Lucky...
His Love of Lego's...
And rock climbing come from his big bro Superkid...
I don't know where he got the crazy idea to feed a baby cookies! for breakfast! That never happens around here.
But one trait is absolutely innate in Tadpole. His love of all things wheeled. He is a especially crazy about cars. While his vocabulary has snowballed in recent weeks, he persists calling cars "Broom Broom". I suspect he has the ability to say, "car", as he can say more complicated things like, "motorcycle". Perhaps he reveres cars too much to utter their actual name. Recently he has started calling trains, "train" instead of "choo choo". I hope he holds on to "Broom Broom" for awhile yet. Can't you just hear the soft humming of "Brooooom! Brooooom!" in his dreams?
So figuring out a cake that would have appeal was a cinch. Pops whipped up this fancy "Broom! Broom!" for Tadpole. Here Tadpole is teasing us all by coyly saying, "Don't touch!" and then pretending to paw at the cake. Teasing is also innate.
While everyone sang "Happy Birthday" Tadpole was shishing us. For some reason instead of putting his finger at his lips, he thinks it goes up his nose while making the noise.
Happy Birthday Tadpole! We love EVERYTHING about you!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Buddy! How exciting to have the L house for the celebrations! Great job on the cake too there Pops:)
oh i love that sleeping picture! awesome cake for the little car lover!
Pool side birthday celebratory festivities. Nothing better! Thanks for the cake!
Happy Birthday Tadpole. I cannot believe how big you are getting. We love you so very much. I am trying to find a cheap flight so I can come and give you a big love in person.
Your baby is all grown up! Look at him! He looks like a different person than we saw a year ago.
Happy Birthday!
Aww, happy birthday, cutie! I hope he'll forgive us for being late with his card... Impressive cake, by the way!
Post a Comment