Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to ME and to Mr. Mom too!

My former boss has called me out of retirement to cover for a colleague who is on maternity leave. So this year I shared my big Mother's day celebration with Pops who has stepped up to the bat twice a week to be Mr. Mom . The kids LOVE it... even though I am sure they spend long expanses of time pining at the door for me... 

Oh! Here I am now... walking home from the train...

All week long the little Toads ask, "Mom, is Daddy going to stay home with us tomorrow?" And of course if I say yes there is a peel of cheering through the house. He cooks, he cleans, he does home repair projects, and he teaches the kids to read and do math, and of course he is SUPER fun to play Legos, unicorns and cars with. He is simply the best. He loves staying home with the kiddos... Although, when Sunday night rolls around and after a weekend of household neglect, we kick our way through the mountain of laundry and heaps of dishes as we head off to bed he likes to comment, "I'm glad I am not Monday Morning Mom".

4 comments:

mom2cherreys said...

HaHa, that is funny, not monday morning mom! It was fun seeing him handle the 3 kids at the mall for D's birthday party and he did it well! What a wonderful hubby to step up and do all that is expected and more!

kristen said...

i love you peeking in the background of the second picture!

SandyKay said...

Just you wait.. In a couple of weeks, you're going to need a dozen of those pints to satisfy everyone in your house...

I miss the college days when a carton of ice cream was dinner for me and my sister. On the sofa. Two spoons.

SandyKay said...

Oops, that comment was meant for the Ben & Jerry's post.

I love that pic of David, partly because it reminds me of Sam as a little boy (i remember the shirt!). You and Brad are both quite the moms. You both amaze me.