Monday, January 12, 2009

Wife Hunt



It all started a few months ago when Superkid came into the bedroom where I was folding laundry. With a pensive expressions he said, "Mom, I think I am going to marry a woman who is not too sexy. I will not be able to keep my mind off of her." I'm not sure where that came from, but after a good chuckle I tucked it away.

A couple of weeks later an Eddie Bauer catalog came in the mail and Superkid flipped through it, "to find a good wife" (remind me to get off the Vic's mailing list!).

Followed up with a discussion with Pops a few days ago, "Dad, I am not going to marry a woman with allergies because I am going to have a cat and name him Luke Skywalker."

So I guess Superkid is narrowing in on a "not too sexy, catalog model, non-allergic, sci-fi wife".

Let's face it, this kid is such a good catch he can afford to be choosey!

12 comments:

Mindurs said...

Seriously where does he come up with this stuff. That is way to funny!

Delise said...

I. have. tears.

What a crack up...so Maglet is not a consideration? hee hee Could you imagine the family BBQs?

Tamsen said...

That's hilarious. Nothing wrong at all with being choosy.

kristen said...

oh my gosh- he is so funny!!

Cal said...

how cute! I don't think that he is too picky. Woman are difficult, we should teach them now how to pick them. Thanks for a much needed laugh!

Jennie said...

oh my! this kid has me laughing out loud! but he will, of course, have his pick of the herd so he may as well get his criteria set ;)

Scullerina said...

He cracks me up. I'm impressed with the details he is thinking through at his young age. So smart!

SandyKay said...

Okay, now I know how to mold my girls into someone marriageable for Sam. If he were to marry one of them, it's too bad that neither his mom or mom-in-law would come visit them, if he insisted on his little Luke Skywalker friend hanging around...

Melonius said...

So, how does he know what sexy means??

rosann said...

Check with Superkid to see if he has any thoughts on how I can find a good husband!! :)

The Donahue's said...

This is hysterical!

Bam Pah said...

Sam:

Bring your folks, Abi and David out to go sleigh riding at the cabin on Friday. We're going to have a big party for Glama. We'll invite some chicks over for you.