
We actually have the Blog-burns and Curious George to thank for this fun filled FHE. But once I got there and slipped on those rental bowling shoes I was whisked back to my high school summer days when I and some buddies went bowling a couple of times each week. I was always the worst one, but those were some good times.
You would have guessed that it was Superkid that grew up in the bowling capitol of the West instead of me. That kid either has it in his blood, or is a good Curious George study.

But besides bowling, there are plenty of other activities to partake. So while Superkid was whipping off balls, the rest of us did a little score keeping....

Ball tracking...

Cheer leading...

and ball management....

Actually, you may have noticed from the photos that we are using some mighty small balls. In New England "Candle-Pin" bowling is king. The bowling pins are narrower and the balls are the size of grapefruit and have no holes. I actually managed to knock over a few pins myself. Ohhh... if my high school buddies could see me now (let's just not point out the bumpers in the gutters).
2 comments:
Hey I know that Girl! :-) Loving the picture of Chris--have you got her to set up her own blog yet?
Sam, Abby, David:
When I was about 8 years old until I was about 15 my Aunt Agnes would pick me and my cousin Douglas up on Saturday Mornings and take us bowling in Sugar House. We were enrolled in a league with about 200other kids of the same age. My Mom would give me $1.25 which would pay for 3 games of bowling, an order of french fries and a small drink. We would be there from about 9:00 until lunch time. When we were finished Aunt Agnes would take us to Dee's for a hamburger and drink. That would cost about 30 cents. Aunt Agnes was the widow of my Mother's brother (Uncle Dan). She was born and reared in Boston like you guys but she was Irish Catholic and a little bit like a Leprechan. Uncle Dan met and married her in Boston during World War I when he was stationed in Boston as a soldier. When she would drive up to Simpson Ave and 700 East. She would stop at the stop sign (there still isn't a traffic light there), count to 10 and then honk her horn all the time she pulled out onto the 6 traffic lanes. She never got hit but made alot of people angry with her. She would pick us up on some Sunday afternoons and take us to the park, bowling some more, or to the beach at the Great Salt Lake. Most of my Aunts and Uncles were like my parents, not much fun. But Aunt Agnes had the mind and energy of a 5 year old. I can see her out there picking berries with you guys. When you guys come to visit the Summer I will try to remember to be like Aunt Agnes and we can do some fun stuff with you.
Post a Comment